Years 11 - 13
Consider what you have studied already and your career pathway when making selections.
Your selections should consider subject prerequisites. Some courses may require HOD approval.
Your careful consideration is required as later changes may be difficult once classes are set.
- Year 11 students study SIX full year subjects, three compulsory and three options
- Students will be placed in English (or ESOL), Mathematics and Science classes by the HOD, based on Year 10 results and teacher recommendations
- Select THREE Options plus ONE Alternative subject as a backup (in case of a subject clash)
- NCEA Level 1 = 80 credits, 10 must be numeracy and 10 must be literacy
- All Year 12 students study SIX full year subjects
- English (or ESOL) is compulsory and the decision on which course is appropriate will be confirmed by the HOD English
- Select FIVE Options plus ONE Alternative subject as a backup (in case of a subject clash)
- NCEA Level 2 = 80 credits, 60 credits at Level 2 or higher plus 20 credits at Level 1 or higher
- All Year 13 students study FIVE full year subjects (Permission to select a minimum of four courses requires Headmaster Approval)
- Check the requirements for University Entrance
- NCEA Level 3 = 60 credits at Level 3 or higher, plus 20 credits at Level 2 or higher
Note: Some courses may not run due to lack of numbers. Your Dean will contact you if this affects your selected options of if you have a clash.